View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 03:45 AM   #1221
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Glad that you're getting out for your daily walk and that your back is improving. I chuckled a little bit when you talked about the rug that you threw away, because I'm so accustomed to your resourcefulness. I figured it must have really served its time, haha. Carry on, the landscape work looks great.
I sometimes shake my head at myself, you,call it resourcefulness, thank you.

I am not sure I would be that flattering.

BUT….. a lot of my toys are possible due to a sensible approach to spending.

I was telling someone recently, a free table, worth $50.00 that I could use, released that cash as I was not spending it put my pocket.

And like a used car, it is only new till the ckeck clears at the bank, then you have amused car worth 10-20% less than before you paid for it.

Next job was to make the lower valence up.

Again, made as I went along.

Cut first, measure second.

All of this has been a pain to do solo, as it is high, the ladder is uninspiring, and I worry about my back letting me down, well crashing me to thw floor really.

The whole morning there was a Robin keeping me company, chatting and making an angry noise, I guess he has a nest somewhere nearby.

These should ensure I can dismantle the valence later, to remove the caravan with ease.

Once squared up and screwed together, it was time for the post-crete to -be added to the holes, along with a load of water to set it off.

Done.

Followed by some decorations

I also cleared the excess wood off the drive, in under the carport.

And put up some road signs, andmy battle weary Stars n Stripes.

Later on the Robin was sitting atop the structure, singing away merrily.

Went to bed at 12,30 and by 04.10 the night was over.

Not ideal, but at least I took yesterday and today off work.

Sunrise was nice.

My weekend is here, loads of clearing up to do today, and maybe mounting the dentists light under the carport too.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote