View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 11:34 PM   #110
Janky59

Re: 3 speed overdrive!!, now about getting it in.......

I have an update since my installation last fall. The OD side of things have been working great, the hang up is the jumping out of 3rd gear.

The mechanic has had it out 2 or 3 times, we've tried different things, I honestly don't recall the specifics, but the short of it is nothing that was tried made any difference about the problem. I chalk it up to a dud of a tranny I happened to get, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

So, rather than spend more time and money chasing down the issue, I cut my losses and bought a fully rebuilt tranny. Yeah, it looks a lot like the old one coming out, being silver and such, but I don't think the color will jinx me In all I put a little over 1000 mi. on the old one, everything worked, except for the 3rd gear problem.

I'll have the new one installed this weekend and post a follow up.

I do have one question for now, in the bottom picture, I have an arrow drawn to a hex head screw on the solenoid. This is the correct screw I connect my power from the relay to - correct? This terminal has "4" stamped near it on the cover.

My old solenoid has a different wiring set up so I just wanted to ask. I think this is the right one. Thanks.
Attached Images

2011 Ducati Hypermotard
1959 Chevy 3100
Janky59 is offline   Reply With Quote