View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 03:36 AM   #397
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Taking the week off with Sally has given me time to get to loads of little jobs, also spend some “payback time” with Sally who always just gets on with stuff, often stepping back nd letting me get on with stuff, or mucking in and doing jobs I cannot be bothered with, or helping with the ones I am doing.

Of course it was her Birthday on Monday.

Yesterday mate Sam brought me two packs of South African style beef sausage “Boerewors” and collected his beer keg BBQ which I ended up then painting the stand of, rattle can takes a bit of time, so two hours of coffee, cake (thanks Sally) and visiting took a chunk if the day.

I rearranged the carport, helped Mickey with some extra hands at his place.

Then I got onto Rezin Rockit business.

As it had been a while since I bought the wheel adapters and spacers and I could not remember how it all fitted together, I though it sensible to get them together again.

So I have 4x108 hubs and 4x100 wheels that I still really like.

There are two different sets, both 20mm thick, and then 5mm spacers.

So all the wheel studs will need to be removed and replaced with longer ones.

I need to get a set of 8 shallow wheel nuts to attach the one set of adapters as they came without.

There are some of these black wheel nuts missing as delivered, so will look for them too.

Tyres will be replaced with fresh, wide rubber, none of this silly stretch, that does not suit this build.

Then up on a ramp in the rear using the jack and a tall block, chocks in place to prevent rolling off them.

Axle stands under the chassis up front.

This should help me a bit, as my back won’t let me crawl and slide around under cars anymore.

Seems stable as can be. Jerking and shaking it.

Mickey came around just when we were going to close shop to go for a walk along the Thames river as the tide was headed out.

So I used the opportunity to ask him to drive the rattle gun to undo the spare wheel carrier which was double nutted up under the rear of the body.

In situations like this you need extremely long, rubber arms, or a spare set of hands.

Typically the nuts were rusted well into place, but we managed to get them undone.

After this closing up shop and going for a walk and flotsam/jetsam scavenge was in order.

Loads of nice views and pics taken.

After dinner I went down and rattle can painted the other set of ramps with a 50p can of spray paint.

Looking forward a few more loosened nuts and bolts today.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote