View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #103
special-K
Special Order

Re: 69 Custom 30 wrecker restoration

That's asinine that there's a law that tells you can't letter something w/o registering it as commercial. It's about the use,not the look. That's stupid backwards as can be. In MD DOT laws say a commercial vehicle (over 10,000# GVW) has to have the company name and phone number (or ICC#). But,it doesn't say you can't letter something that is not commercial use. I'm in the American Truck Historical Society and members here as well as in PA (and other states) have their not for hire vintage heavy trucks lettered and registered historic. They are basically considers RVs. A huge diesel pusher RV (like a Prevost) isn't registered as a commercial vehicle and they can letter anything they want.
Anyway,that sucks that you can't even letter your truck the way it was...which is why you went through so much on "that" particular truck

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote