View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 12:36 AM   #134
rodbearing

Re: Adopting a Suburban Carryall, The Seahorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonaut View Post
I couldn't stand going a whole week without tinkering on the new baby. So after work today I pull off this beast of a 200+ lb winch bumper and replaced it with an original chrome bumper. Don't be fooled by the shiny photo, it has scuffs and scratches but hey, its a driver!
Anyone want a free winch bumper/battering ram??? I doubt it'll even fetch $20 at the scrap yard.

I also pulled off an old school trailer brake controller, bled the brakes and got the remote vacuum booster working. I think I still need to adjust the drums all the way around because it has a vicious pull to the left when I get on the brakes. I haven't actually pulled the drums to check for worn pads or frozen or leaking wheel cylinders since it requires yanking all four hubs, which I'm way to lazy to do right now.
Do you still have that front bumper? I have a 64 K-10 that could use it. Was also wondering if you could take a pic of the steering gear setup and how it attaches to the axle pitman rod. I have manual steering but would like to change axles to the open knuckle type. Mine are closed knuckle type. From what I can tell, the steering boxes are different at the output shaft. Thanks and you have a real nice burb there. Mine has a lot of rust too! Greg
rodbearing is offline   Reply With Quote