View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #32
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

It has been a slow few weeks here. Started working on the rear and got everything wire wheeled and ready to weld on the disk brake brackets. The new axle shafts showed up and they fit like a glove. I decided to install new seals as well, so that is now out of the way. I picked up all the new brake parts and just need to mock them in place one more time and I will be ready to weld on the mounts. The body shop called and said the cab "should" be done by this weekend and ready to go to the paint shop next week. Unfortunatly it went WAY over budget. While I have debated on going all static drop, I have now switched back to going with bags on the rear so I can get the exact amount of drop that I want verses springs and blocks etc. I have worked out a swap with another member here on a set of bags and brackets that I am trading my drop coils and some $$ for. Along with all of this, I have located a full pullout drivetrain that we are going tomorrow to look at. It is a 5.3 out of a 02. I will post up the results once I have some more info.