View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 12:53 AM   #93
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Ok Folks. Update time. Between work, collecting parts and Larry's hectic schedule he's got a little bit done. Little, nah it's a large chunk and in typical Larry style it's clean, sanitary and better than factory. He's reworked the MEFI4 wiring harness to really fit tightly to the engine.

Here's the passenger side:

Sorry for the fuzzy cell phone pics...More of the pass side.

Drivers side. Little note, I got the stock PCV pipe on this side and the vent hose from the other side to the throttle body from work. The $30 spent between the two hoses is WELL worth it for the fit

The stock engine cover on the intake. I'm missing the rear mount, but will get that at work. I like the look. Finishes off the engine and hides some of the "ugly" that is a LS/Truck intake.

Only need a couple of items for the engine now. Intake air temp sensor and an intake tube to put it in. I thought I had given one or two to Larry way back when the 454 injection project was in full swing, but he's squirreled them in the attic. That is if I remembering what I gave him. Might have been just the air filter housings. I've got a buddy in Denver that worked at a truck accessory shop that installed a lot of cold air kits. He'd give my Dad the stock bits. Talked to Dad tonight and he might have another one up there.

Larry's going to give a couple of spots in the floor a sand blasting and touch up. I've changed plans to spray the Raptor liner at work. We just sprayed the same stuff on the inside of our 59 Apache Project and after it got baked on in the paint booth it came out so nice. Rock solid. So we'll do it at the shop and bake it on. Stuff should be bulletproof!

Getting exciting for sure.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote