View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 11:02 PM   #60
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Who Sells This Under Dash Valence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
nice to see someone else make their own dash fascia/valence
there's no wrong way, unless you don't make one for fear of the work
I'm procrastinating like hell on this primarily because I WANT the one in the original pictures I posted - the ones in the green & orange trucks. I love how it looks and IF I ever try making one I'll be trying to duplicate that look.

I feel certain SOMEONE has to make it only because these two trucks seem to have the identical piece. If one of you noticed a significant difference in those two pictures, please let me know.

The 2nd reason I am procrastinating is because I did a little fiberglas work many years ago (high school, ha ha) and I remember it being an itchy, hot, stinky mess of a job. NOT looking forward to doing that again. But I'll have to if that's my only alternative to get what I want. Ogre, I won't be making a cover for the steering column. Mine is an ididit column I picked up cheap on Craigslist and asked until I did the truck. It's stainless and I had it polished so I want to be able to see it.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote