View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 02:20 PM   #2124
pjmoreland

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

I'm preparing to install a '93 700R4 I rebuilt recently. Pulled the TH400 on Saturday, and now I'm working on the wiring while I wait for a new torque converter to arrive.

I added a cruise control style brake switch that has a second set of normally closed contacts that will unlock the torque converter clutch when the brake pedal is pressed. Got fused power from the orange wire on the original brake switch connector and ran it to the new brake switch connector. Then I ran a pink wire from the other pin of the new connector to an empty slot on the firewall bulkhead. Added another pink wire on the engine bay side of the bulkhead that will run to a PSF101 vacuum switch, and then from there to the transmission connector.

I'm planning on connecting the vacuum switch to the timed vacuum port on my Edelbrock carb so the torque converter clutch will disengage when coasting. I also have a stock delay valve to put in the vacuum hose.

I will be hanging onto the TH400 in case I end up regretting switching to the 700R4. I had a 700R4 in my '72 and I really liked it, but there is an abundance of horror stories on this forum about the 700R4.
Attached Images

Last edited by pjmoreland; 05-12-2021 at 02:27 PM.
pjmoreland is online now   Reply With Quote