View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 09:11 AM   #2465
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

I been fighting a oil leak since my engine rebuild a year ago, I even asked my shop to look to see if my oil pan needed to be resealed. Like my brother told me, it's a old truck they leak and the leak isn't bad. The shop said all they could tell is it looked like oil was coming from the cap and perhaps the dipstick.

Fast forward to when I was working on my distributor springs, I saw oil coming from my grommet on the breather tube on the passenger side valve cover (goes to the carb / air filter base). So I got new grommets for both the passenger breather tube/PCV Valve, new proper 90 degree PCV Valve, and oil cap.

When I had things all apart I found the Flame arrestor was so gunked up I could hardly blow air through it. Took me forever to get it cleaned out but I did (seems you really don't need to replace them, just keep them clean).

Now after 50+ miles and checking the truck this morning after sitting overnight - there is ZERO oil anywhere on my oil pan, starter, flexplate cover or garage floor! Hallelujah!
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 10-02-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote