View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #15
I Have No Idea

Re: 1969 c10 build "the grinch" (gonna be pic heavy)

So on January 6th the engine and trans shows up...

On two separate pallets, not strapped or secured down. I would have refused the shipment but he already had my money and I figured I'd never see anything if I sent it back. After trying to call and talk to someone about the damaged shipment all I was able to do was communicate by text message. Of course, they say they strap them down and secure them to a solid pallet and blames someone else. (I'm sure the shipping company didn't un-strap them and put them on pallets that were falling apart...) The power steering pump was crushed beyond usage, the front fan was cracked, the idler pulley was cracked and the oil pan had a chunk out of a reinforcement. I was told that he would file a claim on the shipping insurance and he would send me out the new parts promptly. I then asked about the PCM and stand alone harness that was also part of the package I had purchased and he told me that they ship seperately from the freight items and I would be receiving them via UPS shortly.

How the engine showed up..

and the transmission...

crushed power steering pump

busted fan

cracked pulley

oil pan reinforcement damage

So instead of waiting for the replacement parts to show up, I decided to just order everything new myself and chalk this one up as a loss... Good thing is, I used electric fans so I didn't need the mechanical one, and I needed a different oil pan, and power steering pump anyway... so it wasn't too bad. I ordered the parts and started getting the engine and trans cleaned up and put together so I would have them ready to set in the chassis when it arrives...

Last edited by I Have No Idea; 09-26-2016 at 08:48 PM. Reason: pictures
I Have No Idea is offline   Reply With Quote