View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 06:00 AM   #2507
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Sounds like a very good day. It is always great to run into folks like you two did today.
Life is great Bill.

Sometimes we just need to notice it.

Some more random Paris pics.

The Metro or underground here is very simple to understand.

People are friendly and the tickets are both cheap and when sold the sellers will explain to you in their best English how to find your way and where to change.

The trains are clean and stations larger and more spacious than in tthe UK in my experience. Even the older rolling stock seems well maintained.

So a short 6 minute walk from the hotel was Ternes station and 78 minutes got you Charles De Gaulle - Etoille. Which is next to Arc de Triomphe.

Stations are also well marked and signed for exits and other attractions.

On the trains your progress and next station is marked on a linear map above the door with next station light flashing and those ahead still on.

Brunch at Quasimodos around the corner from Notre Dame was good.

Then into the Notre Dame.

It was heaving with tourists. From around the world.

Selfie sticks everywhere and selfies.

It was cold outside and we saw what appeared to be a Japanese newlywed couple being photographed by two photographers.
Both clearly dying of cold but the skinny little bride dressed in a beautiful dress that would be perfect for a mid summers day.

WHY ???

Then into the building.

Beautiful. Really lovely inside. It does take a pretty good business man to generate the kind of funds to build and decorate a structure like that.

Then on to Galleries Lafayette.

Katy had to go there and bought three expensive Christmas tree baubles.

This shop is magnificent. Spread over multiple floors, it caters for every taste.

Expensive etc but just beautiful.

QUICK VIDEO.

CLICK LINK.

The kind of place where I lose the will to live.

I did like this electrically assisted folding bike though.

More later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote