View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 02:40 AM   #10
toolboxchev

Re: Electrical, Need Help! Please!

Got my rebuilt harness in and working. Was having starter switch issues and start issues until I figured it out.

Turns out the Switches we are getting these days actually ignite the solenoid without going all the way to the right. Something I am not too happy about.

Seen this before. Napa

Shout out to those whom have pointed the way. Would not have gotten there as quickly without the correct advise.

UPDATE: So I had a chance last night to get a good idea of how well my electrical system was working. In the past I had added some grounds to the vehicle and I could tell the entire system was functioning better. My lighting system is now much brighter, esp. could tell with the side markers. I have the Clear Lenses from Cooper Restorations and the little 194 bulbs are much whiter and brighter, instead of yellowish looking.

It was tedious, Stainless brushing all the Packard connectors made a huge difference, plus cleaning all the grit and goo out of the plastic connectors. If you look closely at the brass and copper ends you can tell which one got cleaned.

Last edited by toolboxchev; 03-17-2020 at 12:46 PM. Reason: results
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote