Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 07:50 PM   #6624
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipps View Post
I would suggest one of the auction sites, like bring a trailer. This thread might increase the value of the truck a bit, so I think it's worth a try. I'm not sure any other squarebody has been this thoroughly documented publicly.
thanks, I am hesitant about even mentioning the thread as I was so brutally honest about everything including the costs, some people will go let's see he paid only $1,500 for the truck plus $1,200 for the engine/transmission combo ok here's $3K for it, ha ha

of course it has new tires, belt, brakes, radiator, fuel pump, shocks, springs, $1K worth of AutoMeter gauges going in, heater core, brand new Lokar shifter, new drive shaft, Hooker exhaust manifolds, Grant steering wheel, etc. but how do you put a price on 7 years of labor

I was actually thinking about this the other day while driving to Pick-N-Pull to get something for one of my other trucks, and it was 106° F out, do you want to be out there pulling parts in that heat, but more importantly the time vested in running around from NAPA to AutoZone, to the junk yards, and endless hours spent online researching the parts

did I mention I thinned out the LS wiring harness by myself, ha ha
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote