View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #339
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

I don't know if the light duty trucks always came with a 305, and the standard duty with the 350 or not. It sounds logical though. The engine size should not be the determing factor on ball joints though. Either the rotor thickness or the 'light duty' option should be mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesscamaro View Post
I've looked through a lot of threads on this topic and don't think I've read an answer to a question that came to mind today. I'm trying to swap over to disc brakes on the front of my '65, so I went to an auto parts store to get some ball joints for an '85 Chevy. I remember reading on here, that the spindles are different for 1" and 1 1/4" rotors. I plan on running some steelies when I can find them...but my question is...does it matter if the ball joints are for a 305 ci truck? Aren't the 1 1/4" rotors offered only on the 350 trucks? Does this make a difference when ordering ball joints? I plan on ordering spindles for the 1 1/4" rotors. Thanks!
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE