View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Wiper Motor Install (Grommets, Seals, Timing Marks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
Thanks Leon, I did see that a few days ago but it did not click with me to use it as a way to get to the parked position.

Okay, I know the wiper motor is good - I only removed it to do something about the silly washer pump. So assuming that the motor is perfectly fine and dandy, I can just mount it, turn it on from the dash and let it park itself after turning it off - them mount the Crank so the wiper arms are also in the parked position. That seems (too) easy!

Though that leaves me with the mounting Grommets and getting a proper ground from the firewall to case of the motor... any tips about this?

At the very least I am assuming I'll need to drill the rivet to get that one special Grommet off. Then either I'll get a Grommet with a ground strap or not.

I would think a new grommet set would have one grommet with the ground strap attached.

You can put a small wire terminal on each end of a short piece of wire, put one end on one of the 1/4" screws that hold the washer pump bracket to the wiper motor and the other end to a screw on the firewall or dash if you needed to.....

Did you read the post in that thread about priming the washer pump? (post #95)

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote