View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #135
Snake72

Re: Grandpa's 72 restoration

Finished the door skins this weekend but I think I may have to either redo the skins and door bottoms or rockers. I spent all day trying to get them lined up and closing but the door bottom and front lower skin contact the rocker on both sides when trying to open and close the door. Either my rocker is too high or my door bottoms are too low and coming in contact. The rocker is lower than the fenders..I could adjust the fender up to match the rocker but then I cant bring the door up any further to match fender.

The driver door gaps are pretty good and line up with the fender and cowl ok but the rear lower door is kicked way out.

Passenger door front window frame hits the windshield pillar and the rear gap is way too tight. Needs to move forward but I can't move it further forward as it already contacts the windshield frame.

I hope I can adjust everything but will probably end up with a 4x4 and BFH, if that doesnt work Ill have to cut things apart and reweld. Will probably weld 1/8 rod on rear driver too and front passenger door to improve the gap.

I guess with the amount of new metal on this truck that I'll have a hard time getting it all to gap correctly.

Any ideas are welcome before I cut it apart. Will look at cab bushing torque, make sure frame is level, try some shims on core support and cab, etc.
Attached Images

Snake72 is offline   Reply With Quote