View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 08:51 PM   #21
sawmilldmax

Re: My old 69 C-10 Duramax

A Duramax is a 403, and I used a 400 badge on the side instead of the 350 that came on it. I have some build pics, and I'll hunt them up. That is a 70 SS Nova my brother bought new, but doesn't have the original 350-300hp engine because he slung a rod through the block in a race car. It has a 400 small block with a few goodies and the original m-21 that came in it that went through three rough teen age boys, including me. I tried my best to make that Duramax look like it came in that old truck, no chrome, Chevy orange block, etc. The ecm and tcm are under the bench seat, that I had to use to haul extra grandchildren. It weighs 4760#. It doesn't have a bcm, which was a pain to get wired. It is somewhat easier to swap in the late model steering column as it simplifies things, but I wanted it to be as original as possible. I can remove the side bars on the cage for the street, and I have to order my harness for the track, which I can hide behind the seat. I appreciate everyone's comments.
sawmilldmax is offline   Reply With Quote