View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 12:30 AM   #103
caseyjones

Re: 1964 C10 Survivor

Thanks for the compliments! Paul, your truck is close cousin to mine - I'm watching your build too.
I got my paint from NAPA...it's close-ish. The old paint is so thin that it looks grayer from the black primer showing through. Sorry for all these garage pictures, I promise the truck does get driven. Anyway, since I took this pic I've painted the rocker too.

I primed the new bed wood and ordered new strips and a bolt kit after realizing that the original stuff would look terrible against the new wood, and the time it would take to replace the bolts and fix the strips isn't worth it.

Wheels are now expected to arrive at the Summit warehouse on August 4. Is Wheel Vintiques just completely shut down? Good news is that my hubcaps didn't fly off at the first expansion joint that I hit.

My modified Speedway fuel sender is acting up - intermittently operating. I'm thinking about getting a tube-type sender instead.

On an unrelated note, my Mom sent me this picture of my Great-great-step-Grandma (I think that's right)...she and my Great-great grandfather owned a general store in Powersville, Iowa. My best guess is that's a 1934 Chevrolet.

Last edited by caseyjones; 03-29-2021 at 01:16 AM.
caseyjones is offline   Reply With Quote