View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 05:48 AM   #8
Malicious

Re: Alternator or wiring issue on ls swap 74 c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by starterman99 View Post
Your alternator is a Mitsubishi 12 volt 140 amp and uses an S L plug configuration. The S= Battery sensing circuit and should have full voltage all the time. The L = Light circuit and should go off and on with ignition switch. If the L terminal is not going off with Ignition it will keep the regulator turned on and the unit will be warm to the touch after sitting. check you don't have the two wired in reverse as the light would not work and the regulator would stay on making it warm to the touch when it should be cool.In the picture above the terminal on the right is L it is closest to the output battery terminal on the back.
Thanks you were exactly right. Yesterday after posting I went out and swapped the wires on a whim and it worked.

I had tried both ways on the old alternator and it didn’t make a difference so I put them in the way I thought was right but didn’t try the other way with the new alternator. Stupid, but turns out the old alternator was bad and the wiring was back to front.

I am a very happy man now. Thanks for the help!
Malicious is offline   Reply With Quote