View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 12:14 PM   #5
waynep

Re: "The Black Crow"

When Jerry Purchased the truck the 454 engine , transmission and rear-end were long gone. A small block was in the truck and was a very good running truck. The previous owner did have the original rear end that came in the truck new, so it was purchased as a separate deal.
From day one Jerry was on the look out for a suitable 454 for the truck. A engine was located in a wrecked motorhome with 42,000 miles on it. we tore the engine done so we could inspect the crank shaft and cylinder walls. you could see the cross hatching in the cylinder walls and the crank shaft area looked good so Jerry decided to leave the crank shaft and piston as they were. everything else needed to complete the engine was purchased new and installed.
Once the engine was installed and new transmission was installed along with a new driveshaft and the rebuilt limited slip rear end. when the truck was fired up it sounded great. Then the exhaust system was installed and the truck sounded AWSOME. Jerry look at me and said "What's wrong?" With a big smile on my face I said "I want one!!" (A Big Block)
waynep is offline   Reply With Quote