View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
Cadillac Kid

1974 C10 A/C Hardline Routing

Hello everyone.

I have finally been replacing parts to get the factory air conditing working in my 1974 Chevy c10. I replaced the compressor with a pro6ten unit, and the condenser with a modern parralell flow unit. What I need to know is where the ac hardlines route once they go through the core support in the fron of the truck. I removed the original condenser when I did the cam about 5 months ago. I should have taken a picture of the hardlines before I scrapped it. Does someone happen to have pictures of the condenser and the a/c lines in the core support area? Or if someone could explain where they run to that would be great.

On my truck there is a line that runs from the bottom of the evaporator and goes through the passanger side core support, makes a 90 bend and then stops. On the drivers side the stock rubber hose from the compressor terminates at the core support. My new condenser has #6 and #8 fittings on the drivers side. I found a hose shop in my town that can make new hoses/lines, but I would like to give them a general Idea of what is going on. And I would like to know myself. Any input, and or pictures are really appriciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by Cadillac Kid; 07-06-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Cadillac Kid is offline   Reply With Quote