Thread: My 70 Build
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 11:54 AM   #7
mccollum007

Re: My 70 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandCheryl View Post
Nice work. how are you getting the rust and goo off the frame and diffs? I'm thinking having a sand blaster at ones disposal would be nice, but a grinder and a six pack of different wire wheels and emery flap discs in a drill will work for me - many hours in the saddle for that. That's my next stage - taking something rusty and beat up and cleaning it up worthy of paint. any words of wisdom?
A sand blaster would definitely be nice but it's just been a combination of various wire and abrasive wheels on my angle grinder and drill. A pressure washer took most of the initial crud off the frame/axle. For tight spots the grinder wheel couldn't reach I've just used some small wire brushes and they seem to work pretty well for getting the rust scale off in those tight spaces. Probably not the fastest or necessarily best method but so far it's turned out good enough for me. For paint I've done two coats of VHT roll bar & chassis epoxy spray paint in satin black and have liked the results so far.

Last edited by mccollum007; 06-26-2022 at 12:04 PM.
mccollum007 is offline   Reply With Quote