View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #83
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
nice work, & i'm tuning in for continued progress! good to see a fellow 60-66'er who is relatively in my neck of the woods, doing quality work

Thanks! Charleston isn't too far away!

Made a little progress today. Got the front springs out and the front bag brackets and C notches blasted and painted. I had some parts to blast at work today anyways and I already had the paint so I decided to go ahead and paint them instead of waiting for powdercoat. This way I'll be able to install them sooner.

I ground the welds down on the C notch before painting.

The paint is still wet in this shot so it looks glossy but it'll dry out to a low gloss finish and match the frame pretty well.

Springs out, sitting on the bump stops. Didn't realize it would sit that low!

Also pulled the manifolds off the 250 and this was what was inside the intake ports. Not what I wanted to find. Hopefully the block can be salvaged.

More soon. I called and ordered the bed wear strips today and they'll be ready to pick up on monday. I'll test fit the wood floor once I get them so I can mark the fenderwell openings and perimeter holes for cutting/drilling. Then I can get the wood painted and get the bed back on the frame. I'll get the cross channels and the wear strips powdercoated before the bed goes back on the frame, and also clean and undercoat the inside of the bedsides with Duplicolor truck bed liner like I used on the blue '65. Hopefully the powdercoater doesn't take too long and I can have the bed back on in a couple weeks.

Last edited by theastronaut; 12-07-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Fix dead pic links
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote