View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #125
1949gmc

Re: MY 1971 Jimmy Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Soooo, what's been happening around here?
Wow, it has been a long time since I posted anything here. Good to hear from you, brother.

Been trying to figure out the best method to get the truck painted in my garage. Been reading other's posts about getting good ventilation and, with that, waiting for some nice weather instead of painting in a cold dark garage.

Bought a gallon of epoxy primer from Southern Polyurethanes, Inc and got my doors and tailgate shot last week. Next up is getting the hood and cowl panel sprayed, hopefully Wed or Thurs.

Also been trying to figure out the steps in getting the final color on. Everything will be in primer; firewall, w/s frame, jambs, dash, everything. I'll be shooting Nason bc/cc. Do I go ahead and shoot the firewall, jambs, dash, kick panels in both paint and cc, with proper masking so as not to get the bc and cc on the outer panels, then install doors and fenders and shoot the rest? I guess that makes sense. Is there another way that I'm not seeing?

So, pretty much between thinking and trying to get my ass up off the couch, and a little primer spray, not much happening. I hope that'll change soon now that it is FINALLY nice out here. Anything new with you?
1949gmc is offline   Reply With Quote