Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #558
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted78SS View Post
Nice!
got a column i want to tackle one of these days, sounds like it needs about the same treatment.. thanks for the reminder.
Thanks, man. It's really kind of a fun job and not very tough. I found a pdf file online that is fantastic resource if you haven't done them before. I think it's from the Jalopy Journal. The guy was doing a Fiero ( I think ) column and it was a little newer the one I'm doing but those GM tilts are almost the same inside for many years. It's got great pictures and instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon 1967 GMC View Post
ok, I'm all caught up and a couple questions: I take it you got your motor from Summit? And the tranny from? Just curious because I'm going to switch out my 6 Cylinder and might need more than my turbo 350. I'm sure you checked around and I value your judgment and like your vision. I plan on driving down to San Diego in a couple of weeks to spend Christmas with Mom and Bro's and might stop by CPP and pickup a truck load of disc brakes, spindles, and suspension stuff. Keep up the fire!
Yes, the motor came from Summit. They had the best deal and I shopped around a lot before pulling the plug. I got my transmission rebuilt at Transmission Exchange here in Portland. They've been around forever and they were very helpful in helping set up a good heavy duty unit. They are located right on the east side of the river just a couple of blocks north of the Broadway bridge on MLK Blvd. Good luck on the shopping trip and enjoy the Holidays.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote