Thread: 85 K10 Build
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 11:27 AM   #8
85square

Re: 85 K10 Build

So this past week i lucked out and found an extremely nice guy, not much older than me 20 miles away selling a 78 k10 chassis. The frame is about as good as it gets for upstate NY. No rot, no cracks, just some rust scale that will be fixed with a little blasting.

My plans with this project are to strip the new chassis, get the frame blasted, paint it, and then put my 8 lug axles under it with a 4" lift. I plan to go through both axles before putting them in. After that ill finish the rest of the chassis and put the driveline in.

I still haven't decided on a driveline yet. I know I'm going to keep running my sm465 but i would like to find a 32 spline 205 tcase. Im not sure why, because i don't offroad really, i just like having the most heavy duty/bulletproof option possible. Ill probably end up sticking with my 208 because 32 spline 205s are hard to find around here and expensive when you do find one.

For an engine i haven't decided yet. I bought a 350 last year for the project but haven't decided which direction i want to go. Im thinking 383 stroker.
85square is offline   Reply With Quote