View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #72
68Stepbed

Re: Project: LS1ick68

They fit well, and tuck in a little closer than the Camaro manifolds, so I don't forsee any fitment issues as of yet. It's weird, though, because they actually touch on the side of the block just a tad. It's on this big square section, though, so grinding this down a little is no big deal. Maybe the iron truck blocks don't have this tab that sticks out as far? If so, that may be what the manafacturer built them by.

As for what I paid for them, I'm very happy. These are stainless, and yes, they're polished, but stainless headers have a tendency to change to a golden brown color after some heat cycles, so I plan to have these ceramic coated. I can have the coating done locally for $140. I paid just over $200 for the headers shipped, so that will put me into a set of coated stainless headers for about $350. The cheapest coated shorty or block hugger headers were $330 for Patriot Tight Tubes from Jegs, Hooker block huggers were $395. Sanderson shorties were around $500-$600. Long Tube headers started at around $600+.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote