View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #287
onetoncrewcab
One of my kids. Cute eh?

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
...bringing the balance to $1507.

Is that good or bad? I'll have new brakes, exhaust, reconditioned frame, new bushings and mounts, gas tank, and a bunch of original rust free body parts. The downside is that it's not running, will need some significant body work, and more hours than I care to think about right now.
It's all good. The hours will be well spent. What would you be doing if you did not have this project to keep you amused? Sitting on a couch with a remote and 'tato chips? Sitting at a bar getting wasted? I've been getting a machine shop put together in my basement. The way *I* see it is when I am downstairs working on a project, my wife definately knows where I am at and what I am doing.

Oh....I was also going to mention....did you put any plastic down to catch the sand? You can possibly reuse the sand at least once if you could come up with a way to strain some of the larger chunks out.

Your project looks great.

Mike

John 3:16
2006 Chevy HHR
2000 Dodge Durango
1985 Jeep CJ-7
1970 Chevy Pickup
onetoncrewcab is offline   Reply With Quote