View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:41 PM   #297
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterskoolkustoms View Post
I love what your doing,This is how true hot rodding started out.Not openning your wallet but looking and making what you found work.Keep it up.
Thanks, but my wallet hasn't been ignored.

Todays progress was not quite as much as I had hoped. I did a lot of work, but the drivetrain is not in yet. I stripped the engine down and pulled it from the tranny.

I started installing some of the parts onto the new shortblock. I went to the local junkyard and found some heads to use. Not the vortecs I was planning on, but an old set of 283 heads with 60 cc chambers. They are soaking in the parts washer tonight. I think the rockers and rocker balls are shot, too much rust. I'll pull the ones from the old engine along with the push rods. I should be able to use the recycled intake also. Good thing I had almost a complete set of gaskets laying on the shelf. I should be able to get the engine back together tomorrow and if it gets bolted to the tranny, I'll set it in place.

I did manage to clean up the tranny/t-case and spray some rattle cans at it. I'll still have to fix the leaks, but at least they'll be cleaner parts to work with.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote