View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #92
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

The assembled brackets shown in the pics were the prototype's. And yes the pads were touching the 'hat' of the rotor. After seeing that issue, I made the caliper brackets 1/16" longer to move the caliper farther from center. This is the first that I've heard of anyone having the pads touching the 'hat of the rotor. I suppose there is a certain amount of variances with different pad manufacturers. I don't know if this would create any noises or issues. Do you have a way to grind down the flange on the pads where they touch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastrendz View Post
capt. fab,

i have assembled my rear disc brake kit(d-52 style) and noticed the outer pad is dragging on the rotor hat. is this normal, or should i be concerned? looking at your post of the installed pads it looks like yours are touching as well. is this going to create a singing noise or a vibration in the braking system? thanks again.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote