View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 07:36 AM   #2278
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

And yesterday was a great day.

I mounted my new shop sign above the small door, and mounted the Bull**** Corner sign on the tailgate bench I made.

Met a great guy who is a builder, runs a wedding car hire business on the side. Bought some traffic lights off me that I have owned 10 years. Sold the other one years ago for what both cost me. Never mounted them as they turned out to too large. He had just bought a white black cab to add to his fleet. @£350 for a days hire, it seems like good business.

Later I kept unpacking one of my tool sheds, engine stands, cherry picker, can and body mounts live in there. Discovered some road signs that I used to have up before COVID came and the carport got built.

Thought I would list them as a joblot on marketplace and see if anyone grabbed them. They were all found in ditches, roadsides and some straightened out, cleaned etc.
Now if you look closely at what they sell for (well, are advertised for) I was very low. I contacted a guy who bought a load of toolboxes and other stuff recently and said that I was listing for £25.00 I also sent a pic. He came back and took them and a load of other stuff I knew he liked, before listing them. £95.00 squeezed out of his cold dead hands.

Random ad on FB.

Check the individual prices.

Matt got these and about 10 more large safety, warning and speed restriction signs as part of the same deal.
Helps me make space and him happy.

While I was unpacking I found a load of my favourites in a cabinet. They have gone back up in various places.

I felt it was perfect as part of this purging and Mojo returning.

By 10.00pm last night another set of new, unused vintage Halogen spotlights sold, I agreed to post them to possibly the most challenging postal address I have sent anything to. But it’s another £20.00 in the kitty which has grown to beyond £1300.00
This is crazy, and a real businessman would have had £5k from the same stuff, but overall my investment was still less than the return, and most importantly, the pleasure I have had from them….. kinda priceless.

That postal address.

Jackie Chan*
Unit Rear of aspect ducting 24
Right Side Of driveway
Co154lu

Funny how weird it feels though……

Originally I thought that if my selling off stuff I had no use for brought in £500.00 toward another vehicle purchase, to reduce the self induced guilt… I would be doing well.

Last night….

So in the mean time, I do hope that the universe will come into play and stop me, but if it doesn’t, hey…..

Happy Skinned Knuckles.

I feel the guilt.

Amazingly it is 11.30 already.

Friday.

Coffee and custard creams, then garage.

I did start on the shelves of Chevy truck parts yesterday. But it is a slow, deliberate process. Sorting out so much irrelevant items into different storage spaces and trying to keep a mental track of what I see.

Mostly, I have no clue what I have in my hands.

This will be fun.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote