View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 11:57 AM   #24
youngrodder

Re: 1994 Chevy Blazer 4 wheel drive - Field find

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I'm apparently coming way late to this project too. Marc, Good on you for helping your son with his first car/truck. It'll be a bonding experience, yeah and probably be the source of some conflict too, ha ha.

The 18" Silverado wheels are a very nice choice. I can't believe it was a $500 purchase. Seems like a helluva score out here. How is the interior (pics?) and how extensive is the rust? Will you teach your son how to weld and fab repair panels, paint, etc?

Can't wait to see the outcome. I'm sure it'll be like your other projects - DAMN nice!
Thanks Dan....The interior is in pretty decent shape. It is blue in color. No rips, it was just dirty. I'll grab some pics at some point.

Once the weather warms we will probably tackle the rust. Its basically the rockers. He has been driving it pretty much trouble free (just a few little mechanical things) since we got it road worthy.

Yes, I will teach him as much as he wants to learn. He has a great work ethic for a kid his age but he burns out fast working on old rust... ha ha. I learned that when we were trying to get it on the road. Don't get it twisted this is his first daily driver. We wont be making it TOO nice. I also have my youngest son turning 16 this Nov so the search is on for something for him. We already missed out on an Extreme 2wd s-10 Blazer...

Thanks
Marc

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote