Thread: Wipers burnt
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 12:06 PM   #3
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Wipers burnt

After looking at the website, I can't determine if the control module uses the positive or negative circuit, or a combination of the two. You should be able to answer that question as you wired it into the wiper system.
The stock system is wired as a constant positive with the switching done on the negative(ground) side. Removing the fuse kills the power to the motor so I would assume that the or the wiper switch could be where the problem lies.
There could be a short in the switch between off and the low-speed wire on the switch or there could be a break down in the module which only allows the low-speed function to work.
I would begin by removing the switch and checking it for correct functionality with a multi-meter. If that checks out ok then I would remove the module and wire the system back to stock. If everything works as expected, then I would contact the vender and ask them if they would exchange the module for a new one. They may or may not do that depending on the amount of time that you have had it installed.

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote