View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 08:52 PM   #203
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

We finally had a really nice weather day. It got to 60f, light breeze, sun was shining, probably the nicest day we have had since last October. I spent a lot of time out enjoying it and even got some things done on the cobra.

I cut the glovebox door opening and did it with a 30 degree angle. It helps hold the door in place, not falling through and the new hinges have a slight upward motion as it moves so the angle cut prevents it hitting the opening before it clears. Really happy with it. I'll have to make a nicer bracket to hold the hinges but it's basically just a piece of angle. My scrap pieces flex a bit and don't look great.

The final dash is going to be cut using a laser so the gap should be tighter. Then I finished the radio wiring, almost. My aux/USB adapter needs a different connector for the aux port. It works though and doesn't sound too bad with just a pair of mid-range speakers. Just a few wiring things to finish but nothing significant, just lighting and power ports. Once the final dash is built and going in I'll tie up my wires better and clear out what isn't needed.

I will have to move the headlight switch a bit because the tach hits it. A little further back and/or to the side should do it. And I may have to clearance the dash support tube for clearance on the tach. The cup that holds it wasn't part of my initial fitting and I don't want to lower the gauge if I can avoid it.

There's work to do in the footwells before the body goes on and a few other small tasks. I think next weekend I'm going to move the body into my 1 car garage to do some trimming and fitting before I drop it on the car.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote