View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 10:17 PM   #1
Chevy nutcase

Things that grind my gears

I'm neck deep in body work on my 66 c10 doing what I originally thought was just going to be just inner and outer rockers. As I started cutting I realized there was more to be done so the following list is a few things recently added to my gear grinding list.

what I thought was just outer rockers morphed into inner rockers, cab supports, footwell below the side vents and front and rear lower pillars. Now with the doors and fenders off I may as well tackle the inner fenders areas where they attach to the grill support. It just keeps going and going lol

every single piece I mentioned needed to be modified in some way to fit. I knew there would be some adjustments needed but some were extreme. The pieces I got from LMC needed the least tweaking, the rear cab supports from rockauto were completely unusable. I had to make several pie cuts to change every angle and the floor pans from jegs are hilariously bad. They resemble my floors but nothing lines up. Thankfully I only needed a small portion of each one

when removing the front body mount bolts I found they were the super common 9/16 variety but the thing is the head of the bolt I think is 13/16 and the nut is bigger at 7/8.... why? At any rate I got new ones at a tractor supply and what do ya know the bolt and nut are again not the same?

My welding and fabrication skills have been thoroughly tested as have my patients. Im proud of how cool I've stayed and how I'm making this puzzle all fit together
Chevy nutcase is offline   Reply With Quote