The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2014, 01:26 AM   #1
Parke10

Restarting a 72 Chevy C10 Frame off build

Hey everyone, Haven't had to do an introduction on a forum in i don't know how long so bare with me here haha.

My dad and I started a frame off restoration of a 1972 Chevy C10 Pickup 10-12 years ago and had it basically complete minus some front end final assembly and painting/installing the bed when my parents got divorced ( and money got tight) so it was put on hold up until recently.

We are now in the process of completely disassembling the truck to go a different route and color with it, since there is more knowledge and technology available at hand these day .

The truck is currently a chevy red from the 99-06 trucks, with a rollpan,and marker lights shaved. We are going back to a stock style bumper and going to be putting the marker lights back in it,finishing it off by painting it either refrigerator white or 040 toyota white..whichever is a brighter white.

Its a truck arm truck currently lowered 2/4.. We are currently in the talks of removing the lowering kit and going with a complete porterbuilt/accuair kit for the lowering needs (complete with porterbuilts extreme drop members w/rack and pinion steering)

As far as the brakes go the truck currently has the stock front disc rear drum setup and a factory rearend this will be removed and replaced with the big rotor 4 wheel disc kit from wilwood and the rear diff its going to back changed out for a shortened ford 9inch with billet aluminum wheels rears somewhere in the 12-15 inch wide range 20 or 22 inch wheel.

the engine was a mild build 350 with a turbo 350 behind it, that had been removed and sold and its place will be taken by a forged bottom end iron LS-6Liter, mild head work and a procharger D1SC, with a 6l90e automatic mated to to.

So thats the (some what) short version of our build and my introduction. i hope to be able to find any info i need here, and hopefully without asking too many questions that have been asked before

Thanks everyone, Parker
Parke10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
Parke10

Re: Restarting a 72 Chevy C10 Frame off build

I also forgot to mention we will be raising the bed floor an changing it to wood
Parke10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
1ATony

Re: Restarting a 72 Chevy C10 Frame off build

Welcome to the site.

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote