The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
fdnkp

'85 swb LM7 swap

Hey guys I have been reading the posts on this board for a few months now while trying to figure out what path I wanted to go with on my 85' C10.
I bought it as an unfinished project about a year ago. It has a 305 in it right now, but i have just purchased a crashed 2004 silverado with the LM7 5.3L/4l60e. I would like to reuse as much as possible from the '04.

I plan on doing a cam swap on the 5.3l and the standard performance upgrades as this truck will be my toy but want to be able to drive it where-ever, when-ever.

My question is the 04 has the throttle by wire. I have no problems with this setup, but is there any big draw backs to using this setup? Does it limit performance, or just harder to hook up?

Also can I swap the steering column from the '04 to the c10? i would like to keep the factory anti-theft if possible and cant find any one that has done this yet.

And I read that using 2" setback plates would let you use the original drive shaft. the driveshaft lenght is my biggest concern because where i live the is no one that does driveshfts!!

I will post more pics of the donor truck and update pics of the c10 in a day or 2.
Attached Images

fdnkp is offline   Reply With Quote