The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2002, 01:13 AM   #1
Low69CST

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

One of my friends came up with the neat idea of putting tweeters in my sun visors. I thought it sounded cool. But then it came time to fish speaker wire from the sunvisor hole in the top all the way to the back trhough the piller, where my gastank use to be and my new amps are going. TALK ABOUT A PAIN IN THE BUTT. It took me 2 hours to do the one on the passenger side and I'm still not done with the drivers side. I'm using this steal strip for fishing things through tight spots. It keeps getting hung up on the drivers side. I've got it hung up in something right now and I can't push it through or pull it back. It just hangs up on something. I fooled with it for like 2 hours and still can't get it unhooked from whatever is hanging it up. I might have to cut it off because I don't see myself getting this unhooked. Its seriously pissing me off! Sorry just had to vent some.
Quad Suspension and Dual Tanks
Low69CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 03:00 AM   #2
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

probably is getting pinched into pinch welds i bet you,
Fast68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 11:10 AM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

in the sunisors? You won't be able to block the sun wihout altering the sound of the tunes.
You know the highs should be within 8 inches (i think) of your mids for best sound quality, right?

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 06-23-2002 at 01:36 PM.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 11:54 AM   #4
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Here's how I used to have mine mounted..... Sounded pretty good

Old 06-23-2002, 03:05 PM   #5
Low69CST

Fast:
Yeah There are the pinch welds in the seam just above the dome light that it might be catching on. There are also double pannels up there that it might be hanging off of. My dad has a junk A/C cab that we cut the roof off of. Theres lots of little lips and stuff that could hang up this fisher line i've been using.

Longhorn:
I'll have enough wire that i'll be able to move the sunvisors around if I need to. But I never move my sunvisors. I think i maybe have 3 times in the 7 years i've been driving. I'm trying to create the best speaker systems without taking a saws all to my truck. I'm not too sure where i'll put the mids. May not be the closest for the best sound but I'll have something inconspicuous throw some sound from the front.

Slammed those tweeters look pretty good sitting there. Thats the shoulder bolt holes right? Never thought of putting them there.
Quad Suspension and Dual Tanks
Low69CST is offline   Reply With Quote