The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
MASTERBrian

Vandalism Question and slight damage

Trying to figure out going about getting a quote for body work. Long and short of it is I have someone that is actually a friend of my brother, so I know him fairly well. He is just one of those basic jerk types of people and he's done stuff like this before, I'm tired of it and thus am considering taking action....

Got my '60 Burb registered on Friday before Mother's Day and on Mother's Day, I was cruising through the hood with the kids and this fool, whom was at his In-Law's same block I live, decided it would be 'funny' to kick a ball similar to soccer ball up in the air and right out into the street in the direction I was coming. The ball went up about 30' in the air, I lost it behind some trees, but when it came down it smacked the top of my Burb, very hard. At first I didn't think there was any damage and I actually parked at my house before looking it over. It was about dusk, so hard to see, but once I was able to get a good light on it, I was able to find a wave in the sheet metal of the roof and a polished looking spot where it was obvious something had made contact and it was the only spot I could find. To top it off, there is some paint flaking off in the area.

To step back a little, if the fool would have apologized I probably would have let slide as I haven't painted the truck and really don't have any immediate plans to do so. It has surface rust, etc, but the body is pretty straight. At the end of the day, he and his wife are acting like we are harassing them because I asked if he was going to pay for any damage and they're telling us to stop harassing them and I'd be wise to back off. I filed a report with the police and they label it as vandalism.

The issue is under normal light it's incredibly hard to see and like I said there is surface rust on the top in spots where paint is missing, etc. Am I totally fighting an uphill battle if I run this to a body shop for an estimate and how would you proceed? I kind of think the body shop might think I'm crazy...I don't mind the 'patina' look and eventually I'm sure I'll paint her and then have to fight this damage to get the metal perfect in this area. Again, I'm only wanting to move forward, because I feel like he's trying to bully us into leaving him alone and he's done similar things before and I'm tired of it.
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote