The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
roughedup72

reinstalling the dome lamp questions needing answered

Well I tried to reinstall the dome lamp today but couldnt figure out how the darn thing goes back in. Can someone shed some light on this for me. No pun intended. It appears that it should screw into something but I dont have anything to screw it to.
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.
roughedup72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
dwragon

Re: reinstalling the dome lamp questions needing answered

Im presuming that you are talking about the bulb holder and not the light cover. There should be plastic tabs that hold it in. If these broke during removal you have two choices, buy a new one or use two offset screws (and a drill) to mount it where it should be.
dwragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
roughedup72

Re: reinstalling the dome lamp questions needing answered

your'e presuming correctly dwragon. I didn't see any tabs on the back so they must have broken off. I do remember it was hard to remove and its dull anyway so I think I will go ahead and order me a new one. Thanks
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.
roughedup72 is offline   Reply With Quote