The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
wildfifty2

1952 Chevy

Anyone know how much you can lower a 52 chevy 1/2 ton just by removing leaf springs from the stack? I don't plan to carry much weight.. Is there a source for shorter U- bolts when removing springs? I am guessing that you would run out of threads on the u-bolt if you took more than a couple of springs out of the stack.. Thanks
wildfifty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
NEWFISHER

Re: 1952 Chevy

One, mabey 2. After that they. Start to sag and reverse themselves until you have steering issues and bottom out when you sit in it.

Www.droppedaxles.com is your best answer. Get everything Sid offers and enjoy miles of smiles.
Posted via Mobile Device
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
wildfifty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFISHER View Post
One, mabey 2. After that they. Start to sag and reverse themselves until you have steering issues and bottom out when you sit in it.

Www.droppedaxles.com is your best answer. Get everything Sid offers and enjoy miles of smiles.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the info... How was the shipping costs? The drop axle costs are not bad but it looks like i am going to need to ship one each way to OK.. The core to him and the new axle back??
wildfifty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:49 AM   #4
cotsi95

To ship my axle from Colorado to Sid was ~60$. I just took some cardboard wrapped it around the axle and taped the hell out of it and took it to usps. After you get it boxed up measure it and weight it and look online at prices. They were all about the same for me. Sid's products are awesome! There is some wait time since he does axles in runs, Fords, then Chevys etc. Best bet is to call him and explain what your looking for he will hook you up. I got everything he makes and I couldn't be happier! Mine is a 52 btw I got the 4 in drop axle and took 2 leafs out. It dropped it ~6 inches.

cotsi95 is offline   Reply With Quote