The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
dliving69

easier drop

I am not here to slam my truck to the ground, I do like some clearence, So wit that in mind. Is there some rear shocks I can get to lower the back end a little bit, and what about the front a little bit. Keep in mind Its all stock 69 c10 longbed. and Im just wanting a better stance and look.
dliving69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: easier drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dliving69 View Post
I am not here to slam my truck to the ground, I do like some clearence, So wit that in mind. Is there some rear shocks I can get to lower the back end a little bit, and what about the front a little bit. Keep in mind Its all stock 69 c10 longbed. and Im just wanting a better stance and look.
Shocks won't drop the truck. Shorter drop springs will if it's a coil suspension @ front & rear. If it has rear leafs, you'll need to do one or more of these possibilities: drop shackles, drop hangers, drop leafs, removing leafs, or a flip kit.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
kieth

2.5" drop spindles are the best place to start since they drop your truck but preserve the ride. Shop around you can get them for around $250.00

If your truck is on coils in the rear get a set of bags hook them up to a schrader valve and now you can control the stance of the truck.

Boris on this board way2low offers this combo of 2.5 spindles and bags for $319.00 that is not too expensive and is the one of the best ways to start.

If your truck is on leaf springs just get a shackle kit and drop the rear.....or move the leaf springs under the rear end instead of over it.

JMO Kieth
kieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dliving69 View Post
.......Keep in mind Its all stock 69 c10 longbed. and Im just wanting a better stance and look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieth View Post
2.5" drop spindles are the best place to start since they drop your truck but preserve the ride.....
I agree with your theory, but you may have overlooked his comment about "Its all stock 69 c10 ". I assume this means its still drum brakes which would require a disc conversion for him to run drop spindles.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
I agree with your theory, but you may have overlooked his comment about "Its all stock 69 c10 ". I assume this means its still drum brakes which would require a disc conversion for him to run drop spindles.

x2. For minimal drops (</= 2"), it's not worth the additional investment of discs up front ($500-ish for spindles + swap parts) & air in the rear.

Another low cost option I didn't post for the rear coil applications was lowering blocks.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote