The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
quickstrikez06

Dads old '72

Ok. First things first. I’m new here and I’m looking forward to learning a lot and giving info and ideas back when I feel qualified enough to do so. I’m excited about becoming a part of the hot rod/old school group… So this is what I have. 1972 Chevy Truck. It was Dads truck and I’m getting it and I want to fix it up, drive it around, and show it off. My Dad loved driving that truck around and I want to have it for a long time to pass to my kids one day. What I need is basically a checklist of where to start on this project. I feel like I’m going to be doing things 2,3, or 4 times because I’m not doing it in the right order. Bodywork is fine other than the cab. Dad said it had gotten hit before he had it and the doors never shut just right. He said I should get a whole new cab. Other than that, no body problems. It’s already primed and ready for paint… now the bad news. The old 307 is weak. Doesn’t run cause it needs a new carb. I want to put in a 383 or 427 anyway. So that means tranny needs to go, drive shaft, and a new rear end needs to be put in. I want airbags on the back too. I’m sure the body needs to come off, cleaning and painting and coating done, new stainless bolts put in… So. That’s it in a nutshell. Can you guys pass along some of your hard won wisdom to get me going on this? I will post pics and start a new thread with updates on everything I do. I’d like to help someone else with his or her project by seeing the work on here… Thanks!
quickstrikez06 is offline   Reply With Quote