The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
peeweec10

one peice window idea

hey guys, I was just lookin through a 'filling station' catalog and noticed they sell one peice windows, just the glass, for $74 each. part #6772 I wonder if the rest of the stuff in the kit can be hand made. I grabbed an old custom classic trucks mag that had an article on installing them. from what I gather other than chopin up the stock brackets the custom one peice kit doesnt seem to have much "custom" stuff in it. a couple brackets and findin some new seals doesnt look like it would be to hard to do, but they may not have showed everything in the magazine though. it would certainly seem alot cheaper than the whole kit. maybe some of you who have done this before could tell me if its possible. not sure about yall but I try about anything to save a little $$$. it may be worth the extra work or it could be a waste of time. I'm sure there is plenty of people on here who could tell me. thanks alot guys. is it a or
peeweec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
energiesource

Re: one peice window idea

http://www.onepieceproducts.com/

they make a kit
energiesource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
herb101
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by energiesource View Post
That's kinda his point....the kit is $495. A pair of windows is $150. Can the balance of the 'kit' be fabbed for less than the $345 difference?

Herb
herb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
caminokid
Chevy nut

I like the look of that. Reminds me of the 50 chevy I had with no vent window.

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"

Last edited by caminokid; 10-17-2007 at 09:25 PM.
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
peeweec10

thanks herb101 thats exactly what I meant
Old 10-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #6
c10addict

I put the 1 piece windows in mine... I actually thought during the install that I could have done everything but the molding/rubber seal across the top of the door... Actually I had to cut the top of my doors apart and take 1/4 inch out of them to make them fit the way I wanted them to... After the 1 piece glass would NOT fit in the frame, way to tight going up.. So I cut out a piece of luan (SP??) you know that thin wood and trimmed it till it fit great... Then I dropped that off at the local glass shop to get a new window made... 1 week and $32.00 later I was in good shape! If you can get just the upper molding it would be cake.... Just my .02
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
peeweec10

thanks for the info -c10addict- was it only one side that gave you trouble or both. $32 sounds great, guess if you did it that way any glass shop should be able to make that since it is a flat glass. was yours the kind with the little triangle in the corner? can anyone tell me how many parts would have to be fabbed and an idea of what they are.I think I have an idea of what I need to do but ive never installed one peice windows. so I'm not sure if want to buy the windows only or go for the kit. thanks for any replies
Old 10-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #8
c10addict

Mine does have the corner piece... All you have to do is cut the vent window track and attach it to the front side of the door so the front of the window rides in it.. I like the look of my truck without the vents but the windows are not very secure when half way up... they do not fit tight in the track.. Reading my old post I was a little unclear.. I cut the doors so they fit the body better, not the glass... Go on line and print out the instructions and you can see the pieces they give you as a idea for the fab work..
Attached Images

54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote