The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
qksilver

58-59 swb fleet bed questions........

Just got home from buying a 58 swb fleetside bed. The bed sides are in great shape except for the flanges were the wood sits, not bad but will need to be replaced, the tailgate it rash and the front bed panel is in good shape except again for the flanges. No wood, crosmembers are good but no wheel wells.

looked online and couldn't find any info on what wheel wells would work. I know that 60-72 are interchangeable but what about 58-59?

Not a hundred % I am going to use it, i want to see how it looks on the back of my 57 GMC camio that the camio parts got destroyed.....a long story, way to long. Can't afford to get stock camip stuff, don't want fiberglass bumpers so I decided to take a shot with this bed.

I tried to get some pix but my battery was dead in my camera, will get some when I pick it up Thursday.

Plus how rare is this bed? I also got the fleet side bedside emblems for it too

Thanks,
Steve
qksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: 58-59 swb fleet bed questions........

The fleet side isn't that rare it was just never desired until the last few years. Used parts are available and I think the wheel tubs are rproduced or you can get used ones as well.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
qksilver

Re: 58-59 swb fleet bed questions........

wasn't sure, haven't seen many over the last 20 years. I did a search and didn't come up with any wheel wells. A board member Scott said he used later model, I think 60-72 and they worked with some minor mods.

Yeah, I am still undecided on using it until I pick it up and put it behind my cab.

Thanks,
Steve
qksilver is offline   Reply With Quote