The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-28-2003, 11:55 AM   #1
Chevyguy111786

Angry People These Days!!!

It all started about 2:30 this morning. My buddy had just gotten back from picking up a trailer, i was asleep. He called me up and said "hey man, come down here quick your neighbor's suburban's on fire!". So i ran down there to see what was goin on. sure enough the fire department was puttin out a flaming 91' suburban. The guy was pretty upset, it wasn't his only transportation but he loved the truck, it was a good lookin one. It was an old boarder patrol vehicle and was still the original boarder patrol green. Fire department just said the fire started somewhere under the dash. Ed ( the guy who owns the suburaban) thinks this is highly unlikely and someone set the fire or a prank gone bad or something, but has no proof or idea of who it would be. To make matters worse he didn't have full coverage on his truck.
Now we're all standin around talkin and it's about 3:30 we see some smoke about a block away and hear someone screaming. so we jump in his 2003 z71 (rides like a caddy might i add) and go to see whats goin on. Not even 2 blocks away and around the corner ANOTHER car is on fire. This one's engulfed. So he lays on the horn to wake up anyone inside the house. There's a lady on the phone in the front yard freakin out cuz she doesnt konw what hundred block she lives on so we tell her. The fire truck shows up and we leave. My friend and I walk back over to the car i think it was a fiero. (ironic lol) and a cop stops us. we're thinkin it just looks kinda bad two 16 yr olds walkin at 4 am. well he asks us where we live. We tell him, then he says were you driving the black truck. we tell him that we weren't driving but we were in it. and tell him that the driver was the owner of the other truck that cought fire. oficer then says ok i need you to answer some questions cuz your our suspects right now...WHAT!! we clear things up and finally get to bed around 5. what a night.
i just don't see how someone could burn someones car. i can understand....(not really understand) someone breaking a window or soemthing like that. but they just burned 2 random cars for sheets and giggles. i'm in shock by how ignorant ppl are. well that's my story of idiots this week.
Chevyguy111786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 12:00 PM   #2
67_SS396

Man that's horrible, atleast there were no injuries. What part of Dallas was this in?

'66 C10 - The new hot rod

'77 3+3 Dually - 12 valve 4wd conversion tow rig project

'28 Ford 2 door sedan street rod

RevLimit Offroad

"Hang on beer, we can do this."
67_SS396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 12:18 PM   #3
cdowns

i used to go to the F-1 grand prix in watkins glenn in the late 60's early 70's and there was a group of people that used to spend the weekend burning cars for kicks one year they got my friends brand new less than 5000mile ford pickup and burned it to the ground. so you see this type of behavior's been around for quite awhile
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 05:27 PM   #4
jerry moss
Born Psycho

same thing happened out here a couple years ago. one of the vehicles belonged to my cousin and her husband, a freshly done jeep CJ-5. that night the a$$holes burned 5 vehicles in a matter of minutes. one problem-- my cousin's husband is a detective in that city so a little extra effort was used in finding the scumbags and now they get room service 3 times a day,lol.
hope they catch the lowlife sob's.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote