The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
blackgold

springs or blocks

hey guys newbie here. just bought a 70 c10 a few months ago and just now starting to work on it. I just did a front disc brake conversion with two and a half inch drop spindles and I'm wanting to drop the rear I was just wondering if I should go with springs or blocks and will I have to use drop shocks and a shock relocater kit and a new panhard bar? Im wanting to at least drop it 4". Figured that would even it out. Im going to have to cut the wheeltubs to make the wheels im running fit. There 2010 chevy silverado stocks. Just wanting to drop it for now. Any help and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
blackgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
blackgold

Re: springs or blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgold View Post
hey guys newbie here. just bought a 70 c10 a few months ago and just now starting to work on it. I just did a front disc brake conversion with two and a half inch drop spindles and I'm wanting to drop the rear I was just wondering if I should go with springs or blocks and will I have to use drop shocks and a shock relocater kit and a new panhard bar? Im wanting to at least drop it 4". Figured that would even it out. Im going to have to cut the wheeltubs to make the wheels im running fit. There 2010 chevy silverado stocks. Just wanting to drop it for now. Any help and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
And will I have to notch the frame
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
robnolimit

I lean towards using a block for the first 2" of lowering. Doing this still keeps the stock length spring and shock. Then you can use a 2" spring to get to 4". You can still use stock length shocks, although our 'outboard' shock mount kit will give you better ride and handling. As with any C10 trailing arm drop, the OE panhard rod will pull the rear sideways as you drop the rear. An adjustable replacemnt rod is the minimum, but a longer lower mounted bar will handle better. consider your long term goals and only spend the money once.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
blackgold

Well I plan on bagging it in the future so I guess a 4" drop spring with drop shocks and shock relocatwrs with a new trac bar would be the way to go
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
blackgold

Can I just use 3" lowering springs without having to change out anything else? Figured that would be the best thing to do for now until I just put it on air
Posted via Mobile Device