The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
Eotku

1970 blazer fiberglass top bolt size.

I bought a 1970 blazer and it was told that it originally had a camper on it. They sold the camper and put a double wall top on it. Right now it is only attached at the windshield and I now want to attach it at the rest of the points. I put a small screwdriver in one of the holes and was able to line it up but I tried putting in a 5/16 bolt but it didn't take. So what are the size of the bolts needed for under bolting the sides? I also need to drill holes for the back two mounting points at the tailgate and would like to know what was stock since right now I have no holes at all. I am thinking of putting in nut inserts. I would appreciate any info and help you can give me!
Eotku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
cleszkie

Re: 1970 blazer fiberglass top bolt size.

I believe all of the bolts are 7/16. Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong. I highly recommend running a tap through the threads of the captured nuts within the top before you try and bolt it down. Those captured nuts are not hard to break free if you are trying to crank a bolt through some rusty or dirty threads. After you run the tap through, use anti-seize on the bolts.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote