The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
beaterku

Stock Rear Brake Lines Routing Through The Years

Good afternoon everyone. I am in the process of converting my leaf rear truck to coil springs and have come to a bit of a bump in the road.

My truck is a 72. The frame section I bought is from a 69. The rear end I am using is from a 72. I have a 69 panhard crossmember that does not have the provisions for the brake line like a 72 does (see picture below right for 72 crossmember and brake line). The 69 shock crossmember has provisions for the brake line, but my 72 axle doesn't have the tab on the passenger side tube, it is on a bracket that mounts to one of the top diff cover bolts.

I am going to be ordering a new brake line kit front to back for the truck. My gut is to order a 72 line kit that routes the line across the panhard crossmember and just drill a hole in the crossmember to mount the line. Does this seem logical? I am also using a c-notch, so the line is going to have to route up and over it somehow.

I guess I am just second guessing myself. I was scratching me head while looking at this a while ago. I suppose I could use a 69 kit, but then I'd have to run a custom line from the shock crossmember to the top of the diff.

Can someone snap some pictures of what the lines look like on a 69 truck where the line comes from the shock crossmember for me?

Thanks all. I apologize for my rambling.
Attached Images

beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
beaterku

Re: Stock Rear Brake Lines Routing Through The Years

Well, I've search high and low on google and found nothing. I type in 69 rear brake line and what pops up, exactly my situation. The is a 71 with the line coming from the shock crossmember to the top of the pumpkin. Thanks hgs_notes (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=292529&page=5
Attached Images

beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote